Thursday, January 7, 2016

Let's Go Back....... Way Back!

Eight years ago I began my relationship with DonorsChoose. I read about DonorsChoose on a listserv. (Is anyone else old enough to remember listservs? Basically, it is how teachers shared ideas on the internet before Facebook.) Some teachers were discussing about how they had used DC and had received awesome materials for their classroom. They shared the link and I signed up. I was excited!

 I wrote my first project for a wireless listening center. This was something else I had just learned about. I knew that I would never have the funds for one. The total cost of the project was $366. Then I decided to write another project for puppets. Guess what? I had no idea how to reach potential donors. Both projects expired. I was down but I was not out!

No comments:

Post a Comment