Friday, January 8, 2016

Two Strikes and ...

Well, my first two projects expired and I was down to one point left. I found myself thinking, "Why even bother?" I am not a quitter though. I decided to reach out to one of the other teachers on the listserv who had been successful with DonorsChoose. 

I hit the jack pot! She asked me to email her a copy of one of my projects that had expired. She read it and made a few (subtle) changes. I submitted it and BANG!  - it funded. I was so excited. My principal was skeptical that someone was actually going to send me something just because I asked. 

I do not even remember the name of the teacher who helped me but I will be forever grateful. Sometimes you may notice my going out of the way to help a Newbie, especially one with a red clock. Why? It's simple. Someone once went out of their way to help me.

Have a blessed weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. What a great story of encouragement! I'm glad you stuck with it. Third times a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! It's always a great reminder to help others who are in positions we once were in ourselves. I look forward to you blogging more about your DonorsChoose experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnks for all you do KR for our children! You have a wonderful following and great respect, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all you do; Inspiring and supporting teachers everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world needs more "Pay It Forward" and "Helping Just Because" attitudes. Thank you for everything you do.

    ReplyDelete